vBulletin 4.1.10 Released – major stylevars refactor & bug fixes
vBulletin v4.1.10 was released. Probably one of the more major updates with major Style Variables refactoring and bug and performance improvements. Including Style Var Mapping. Check out Darkshenron’s vBulletin 4.1.10 Style Var changes list.
Style Var Mapping
As a result of the 4.1.10 stylevar changes, there have been a number of stylevars removed, added or renamed. In order to facilitate the upgrade of custom styles, most of the added stylevars and all the renamed stylevars will have their values mapped from the previous stylevars (for the system, a renamed stylevar counts as a stylevar removed, and another added). The aim of mapping is to allow your styles to remain as identical as possible to how they were before the upgrade, by silently doing stylevar updates behind the scenes.
My vBulletin 4.x upgrade guide for large forums still can apply from vB4 steps on wards (that is to upgrade on a copy of your live vB MySQL database and not the live database).
vBulletin 4.1.10 was driven by customer feedback. The release contains:
- A major stylevars refactor
- 90+ stylevars bug fixes and improvement requests
- Stylevar Mapping Response to minimize impact on customized styles.
- A Remove Orphan Stylevars tool to help customers clean up vB4 installs
- 32 Hook Requests made by customers
Additional Changes since the 4.1.10 BETA 1 Release:
- VBIV-6910 Attachment Paperclip Overlap Pagination (Search Results, Forums, Settings)
- VBIV-13895 Credits Update
- VBIV-5472 File name in lightbox has htmlspecialchar’d HTML entities (only for old attachments)
- VBIV-6910 Fix Template version.
- VBIV-14029 Missing username in private messages sent list
- VBIV-14041 Problem with mappings of navbar_tab_size
- VBIV-10902 Wrong directional markup in Blog Entries sidebar block – RTL
- VBIV-13921 Security Breach: Unauthorized Blogs Being Posted
- Update template version numbers to 4.1.10
- VBIV-14033 Attachment lightbox overlay re-appears after closing it
- VBIV-14027 Thread Title Quick Edit Box Width Depends on Original Title Length
- VBIV-14043 link_textDecoration and linkhover_textDecoration Don’t Work in Forum Sidebar and CMS Widget Content Links
- VBIV-14044 Extra Margin Displayed Above and Below Lists in WYSIWYG Editor
- VBIV-13545 Cursor in WYSIWYG editor disappears when using arrow keys to move it
- VBIV-14064 Thread Titles Clipped
4.1.10 contains a total of 300+ bug fixes, hook requests, improvement requests, and feature requests. A full list of these changes can be found HERE.