Varnish Cache v3.0.0 has officially been released. Source and binary packages are available for the following platforms.
Changes from v2.1.5 to v3.0.0
- Module support through VMODs.
- Compression and uncompression support, including stiching together compressed ESI fragments.
- Preliminary streaming support, both on miss and on pass.
- Much improved documentation.
- Better default values for parameters.
- Varnishncsa now has custom log format support.
- Varnishlog, varnishncsa and varnishhist can now filter out records that match multiple expressions.
Full Varnish Cache v3.0.0 change log here. Kristian Lyngstol’s blog outlines some thoughts on Varnish Cache v3.0.0.